Volunteers are a hugely important and valued part of our school community whose help supports and enriches our school. We are lucky to welcome a wide range of volunteers into school, including parents, grandparents and community members.
Volunteers participate in a range of activities:
- Reading Support
- Early Years Forest School
- Sports Events
- School Events
If you are interested in joining our Volunteer Register you will need to complete
- A volunteer registration form (Click to download)
- A volunteer policy declaration (Click to download). Policies are available here.
- A DBS check. Please contact the School Office to arrange a check or to provide Update Service details so a check can be performed.
- Additionally you will need to attend a Child Protection training session. There are held termly with the Headteacher. Please contact the School Office for the next available date or to join a waiting list.
Safeguarding and Volunteers in School
Once all your checks, references and training is in place, you will be able to volunteer in school on a yellow lanyard. This is recognised by our children as a "safe" visitor who has full checks in place and does not need to be escorted by staff during the school day.
Without full checks in place there are some activities you are still welcome to volunteer for e.g. Forest School and some Sports and School Events. This is because you will be accompanied by school staff during these actitivies. On these occasions you will be asked to wear a red lanyard whilst on site, which indicates to the children that these visitors should be accompanied in School.
If you have any questions about the Volunteer Registration process, please contact the School Office via email.