The School Day
The children's school day is from 8:50am to 3:20pm
8:30 – The school office opens
8:40 - The school gates open
8:50 - Registration closes / school gates close
15:15 – School gates open
15:20 – Children are dismissed for pick-up
15:45 – The school office closes
Breaks and playtimes
12:10 to 13:10 Lunchtime play
The children also have a 15 minute morning play break starting at 10:50
Children in Reception and Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) may also have a short afternoon break.
The school has an on-site kitchen and chef for hot school meals at lunchtime. All dietary needs are carefully catered for. Children in Reception and Key Stage 1 (Cherry and Apple Tree classes) are eligible for free school dinners in accordance with the government’s Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme. Parents of children in Years 3-6 are required to pay for school meals using their MCAS account. Families on low incomes can apply for free school meals by completing this Cambridgeshire County Council form
All children are welcome to bring a packed-lunch instead of receiving a hot school meal with the agreements that:
- The contents of the lunch box is nutritious (balanced between savoury and sweet. Also no chocolate or sweets)
- Does not contain any nuts, seeds or grains
- Has enough food to satisfy your child’s hunger
- Is brought into school in a named lunch bag/box.
Children in Reception and Key Stage one (Cherry Tree and Apple Tree Class) are provided each day with a free fruit or vegetable snack at morning break. There is no free snack provided for children in Years 3-6.
Parents in any year group can allow their children to bring in a snack from home, but this must be either, fruit, vegetable or dry carbohydrates (eg bread sticks or rice cakes).
Travelling to School
Most people walk or cycle to school and there are bicycle racks inside the school grounds to safely lock up bikes. We request that parents do not park in School Lane to collect or drop off children as it is a private road. We do have a bus lay-by but this is not available for general parking from 8.40am to 8.55am and from 3.15pm to 3.45pm, as we need to ensure the children can board and leave the bus safely from the pavement.
Wrap Around Care
8am to 8:45 - Morning Activity Club (M.A.C)
15:20 to 18:00 – Out Of School Club (O.O.S.C.)
Our breakfast club (M.A.C.) and after school clubs (O.O.S.C.) are run by JS Sports. Payments and bookings are required to be made in advance and are managed independently by JS Sports. More information can be found here
Security and Visitors
We regard safeguarding as a top priority and responsibility. If visiting the school site the following protocol should be followed:
- All visitors should report to the school office via the main entrance.
- Visitors will not be allowed entry into the main school building without a prior appointment or agreement from the Headteacher or senior leadership.
- All visitors should ensure they have been signed-in by a member of staff and have been given a coloured lanyard.
- All visitors must read the safeguarding code-of-conduct notice before entering the main building.
- No mobile phones or cameras should be used whilst in the presence of children.
For more information about our safeguarding procedures, please click here.