Welcome to Apple Tree Class
Apple Tree Class is the learning space for children in Year 1 and Year 2 (Key Stage 1). For some academic years, due to the fluctuating size of our cohorts, Year 1 is split between Apple Tree and Cherry Tree classes; in this circumstance the younger Year 1 children are allocated to Cherry Tree and the Older Year 1 children are allocated to Apple Tree.
- Apple Tree class is home to our Year 2 children and the older half of our Year 1 cohort.
- The Class Teachers for Apple Tree class are Mrs Noble (Monday to Wednesday) and Mrs Williams (Thursday to Friday)
- Learning Coaches that you may see in Apple tree class are Mrs Chadwick, Mrs Sampson and/or Mrs Pink (our learning coaches move around the school)
- The Government approved phonics scheme used to teach early reading and phonics is Little Wandle Letters and Sounds
- Apple Tree class has one P.E. lesson led by our sports specialis teachers, J.S. Sports, on a Tuesday afternoon
- In December, children in Cherry and Apple Tree classes will take part in a Nativity play performance for the school and their families
Apple Tree Birthday Book Wishlist
The Big Book of the UK: Facts, folklore and fascinations from around the United Kingdom
We're All Wonders Paperback by R J Palacio
The Truth Pixie by Matt Haig
If the World Were 100 People: A thought-provoking introduction for children to the people who live on our planet by Jackie McCann
The Marvellous Granny Jinks and Me by Serena Holly
Apple Tree Gallery